Tuesday, March 22, 2011

13/52



I'm afraid I've become rather obsessed with this window and the sunlight pouring in now that spring is so near.  (Though I always seem to relish this window, regardless of the season, don't I?)  I was able to open it for the first time this year and the fresh air is always so refreshing. 

I've been growing sprouts this year, too... yes, I dare to try again!  Not having a sunny spot and having all my previous attempts whither due to too much shade, I've decided to try rhubarb, though I've yet to decide where to plant it, and watermelon, which will probably end up a failure but I can't resist! Spring has crept into my being!  We have a marshy area to the West of our house... I'm going to laboriously wheel some dark soil from our forested area out back, sift through it hoping to get rid of all the small plants and seeds that lay dormant in it, and mound it up so the watermelon plants will have plenty of water yet not be drowned, and hopefully get some direct sun.  As I said, it'll probably be a failure but what's a girl to do with no where to grow and an itch in her soul to try?  ;) 

I think I started the sprouts a month too early.... haha!  I just couldn't wait any longer!!

2 comments:

  1. yaaay! :D lol yeah it may be a bit early for starting watermelons, but no worries. Just make sure you plant them in a bigger pot between now and the garden, so they don't get root-bound. Melons tend to have sort of delicate roots in my experience. Happy growing! Can't wait to see the results :D

    ReplyDelete