Saturday, August 27, 2011

Every Knee, Every Tongue

I never could relate to people who looked forward to being in heaven. They never made sense to me.  We were going to have eternity in heaven, and there was so much work to be done down here, heaven can wait.  It seemed sorta selfish to me, that they wanted heaven to come now, simply because they wanted to be there enjoying it's peace, and were willing to leave so much undone...

As I've go on in life and have gained painful experiences, I began to get an insight.  The labor down here is intense, overwhelming, defeating, impossible.  The rest promised in heaven began to look very inviting.  There's a lot of sin going around down here and it's baggage is intense.  In case you haven't noticed, relationships are complicated, and they don't seem to get easier.  I get frustrated that people don't want to know God, and their life is messed up and painful because of it.  People don't want to do what's right, even though the way they do things now is pretty miserable.  I can't cram Him or His ways down their throat.

One of the promises God made was that every knee would bow, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.  One day, all those people who won't acknowledge God will bow their knee to Him.  All those people who don't care what was right or wrong will say with their tongue that Jesus Christ is Ruler of their life, defining what is right and wrong.   And suddenly, I yearn for heaven.  For Christ's Kingdom to come!  When all the sin and crookedness in this world is done away with and only righteousness remains!  When every knee will bow, and every tongue confess the Jesus Christ is Lord.  No more of this fighting, when people say "you can't judge me" or "you can't tell me what's right and wrong" or "believing is God is alright for you, but that's not for me" and refuse to hear the truth of what is being said.  Every knee will bow and every tongue confess. Oh what a glorious day that will be.

Well, I know this life is filled with sorrow
And there are days when the pain just lasts and lasts
But I know there will come a day
When all our tears are washed away with a break in the clouds
His glory coming down and in that moment

Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess

That God is love and love has come for us all
Every heart set free, every one will see
That God is love and love has come for us all

No comments:

Post a Comment